Your rail journey includes complimentary luggage handling between destinations. When you check-in for your rail journey at one of our Guest Centres, you will be given a Rocky Mountaineer luggage tag. All checked luggage must include a Rocky Mountaineer luggage tag and a personal identification tag, including full name, return address and phone number.
Luggage allowances onboard Rocky Mountaineer
Our luggage guidelines include:
- Maximum two pieces of luggage per person
- Total weight of luggage per person not to exceed 30kg or 60lbs, with a maximum weight per piece not more than 23kg or 50lbs
- Oversized items may be subject to surcharge
- All luggage is subject to Rocky Mountaineer’s luggage policy
- Pack your fragile or breakable items in your luggage with care. Rocky Mountaineer is not responsible for any broken items.
Please note, if you booked a package there may be additional luggage restrictions due to accommodation or transportation inclusions. Refer to your travel documents for further details.
You are prohibited from carrying firearms, flammable, hazardous, illegal, or radioactive materials onboard the train or motorcoach transfers, or in your luggage. Rocky Mountaineer will not be liable for any luggage containing such materials. We reserve the right to refuse boarding or detrain guests who do not comply with our safety and security requirements. If you are travelling internationally, please refer to please refer to US Customs and Border Protection and the Canadian Border Services Agency.
Please refer to your final travel documents, sent 30 days prior to your departure, for specific details on luggage handling in each destination.
- If you booked your accommodation through Rocky Mountaineer: your luggage handling is included to and from your hotel in all destinations that are a part of your package.
- If you did not book your accommodation through Rocky Mountaineer: your luggage must be brought to your train transfer location, as outlined in your final travel documents, and will be available for collection upon arrival at your final train transfer location. Please refer to your final travel documents for locations and timing.
If you are travelling on our First Passage to the West or Journey through the Clouds rail routes and will be travelling with additional pieces of checked luggage that you will not require while staying overnight in Kamloops, as an added convenience, we would be happy to direct extra checked luggage pieces straight through to your final location at the end of day two of your journey. Note, this luggage will not be accessible until you complete your train journey so, please pack accordingly. This service is optional and can be arranged while checking-in at one of our Guest Centres.